Red Bean and Barley Drink. Lately, my daughter has been drinking less water. Also, her urine smells. Therefore, I have been a little concerned. Furthermore, she started a new school with a new environment. Not only that, during recess and lunch she only wants to play, so she has not been drinking as much water. Therefore, I am a very concerned Mom. Alternately, to encourage her I started a point system. If she finishes her water bottle at school, I would give one point. Also, I cooked red bean and barley drinks for her.
Red Bean and Barley Drink Recipe
100 g red bean
1 small clump of crystal rock sugar
- To start, soak the red bean for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Next, wash the barley. Then, pan fry barley.
- Thus, in a slow cooker add in barley and red bean. Hence, let it slow cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, add rock sugar to the pot. Stir. Last but not least, the sugar should melt in 15minutes.
- Moreover, scoop in a bowl. And, let it cool.
Red Bean and Barley Drink Benefit
Indeed, red beans and barley relieve the heat. Above all, the ingredients are safe for children to have. As well as that, it is good for the spleen, stomach, lung, liver, and large intestine. Good for skin allergies. Besides, it helps with swelling and pain in the joints. Following, red adzuki bean helps to remove the toxin. In Chinese medicine, barley helps to balance the blood, dampness, and toxin. As well as, any barley helps with inflammation. Or, if there is any issue with urination.
Do try Red Bean and Barley. If you enjoy homemade goods, do try homemade guacamole with a kick. I would love to try new recipes like coconut chocolate treats.