Savory Carrot Muffin. I want to add more vegetables to our diet by adding a vegetable to breakfast items. However, I added shredded carrots to the muffin. Not only that, the applesauce keeps the muffin moist while adding walnut gives the baked good a lovely crunch. Also, the ginger balances the muffin. The cinnamon gives the baked goods a wonderful aroma.
Savory Carrot Muffin Recipe
1 cup gluten-free flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup chopped walnut
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, line the muffin liner in a baking tray.
- Secondly, with a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk.
- Take another bowl, stir together oil, applesauce, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Next, mix dry and wet ingredients together. Following, fold in the carrots and nuts.
- Furthermore, scoop the batter into the baking tray and sprinkle nuts on top.
- Finally, bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Tips for baking muffin
First and foremost, do make freshly shredded carrots rather than using frozen ones. Not only that, freshly shredded carrots are easier to use and taste better. To save on time whenever there is time, do shred carrots and ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Thus, the carrots, applesauce, and maple syrup keep the muffin extra moist. Moreover, add walnut and chopped almonds on top for more texture. Therefore, I love the crunchiness of the nuts on top and in the muffin. Hence, top the muffin with orange zest for a refreshing smell.