Butternut Squash Carbonara. Thus, my children love pasta dishes. Also, I am always looking for ideas to incorporate my vegetable into their diet. Hence, I am always adding more vegetables with more unique flavors for my picky eaters. In particular, butternut squash has a sweeter taste, which should satisfy their taste buds.
Butternut Squash Carbonara Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cup cubed butternut squash
1 pack turkey bacon
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
vegan butter 2 tbsp
clove garlic (minced) 2
kosher salt for seasoning
pepper for seasoning
2 tbsp thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. With a baking tray, line with parchment paper, and place cubed butter squash season with thyme, salt, and pepper. And then, place the tray in the oven to bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until the squash has softened.
- Also, with another baking tray place the strip bacon on top. Allow the bacon to crisp.
- Secondly, remove the squash and let it cool. Afterward, add the squash to a food processor and add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thus, turn on the stove and add oil. Then, place the pureed squash in the pan. Then, let the garlic cook prevent the dish from being spicy. If the mixture is too thick, do add non-dairy milk. Additionally, let it simmer and stir occasionally.
- While waiting for the squash to cook, do trim the bacon into a smaller square shape.
- Subsequently, in a small bowl whisk eggs and set them aside.
- Thirdly, add the pasta noodles and allow the butternut mixture to mix together. (Be gentle. The gluten-free pasta noodle can break easily)
- Last but not the least, add the egg mixture. Season.
- Finally, add bacon bits.
- Let it cool.
Benefit of Squash
Butternut squash or squash contains many benefits. Moreover, squash is low in calories. Therefore, this squash is high in fiber, vitamin C, Vitamin K, folate, and other minerals. In addition, the vitamin c is important to help build immunity and strengthen the body. This allows the body to be protected and fight against illness.