Granola Mix Healthy Snack. I tend to like the trail mix with just the nuts I am not too crazy about dried fruits. However, my husband loves the granola mixture of both nuts and dried fruits. On the other hand, granola mixes do contain nutrients that people do not tend to consume on a daily basis. Hence, any nutrient people tend to forget but are important. Therefore, it should have antioxidants, fiber, and good fats.
Granola Mix Healthy Snack Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashew, sunflower seed,)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut shred
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. And with a baking pan, place parchment paper.
- Secondly, with a large bowl add gluten-free oats, nuts, and cinnamon. Mix.
- Next, with another bowl, add in the liquid ingredients coconut oil. Then, honey in the mixture. After mixing, add in vanilla.
- Finally, pour the liquid mixture all over the dry ingredients in the big bowl. Take a spatula to fold everything together. With a spatula, press the mixture onto the pan.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes. (The mixture should be crunchy and golden brown.)
- After 30 minutes, remove the oven. Let it cool.
What should a Healthy Granola Mix have
- less than 2,300 mg sodium per day
- best to avoid chocolate or yogurt raisins to avoid the sugar
- Be careful of the seasoning and the sweetness does add extra calories
- One serving in a bag to prevent overeating
- healthier to have homemade trail mix
Save Money on Granola Mix
How to save money on granola mix. How to approach this by making very own dried fruits with either a dehydrator or use its own oven. Thus, many options do include having fun with various dried fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, coconut, papaya, etc. Also, do buy nuts that which have not been roasted and in bulk.
Do try this granola nut mix healthy snack. If you enjoy homemade products, do try breakfast cookies. I would love to try more gluten-free baked goods it can be challenging but fun once you become successful in a dish frittata.
Mommy Health Remedies is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program. An affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.