Simple Gluten-free Bagel. A bagel can be challenging. I attempted bagels a couple of times without any success in the past. This time I am trying a recipe without yeast. Working with yeast can be difficult, yeast has to be between 105 – 110 degrees and not over. Therefore, there will not be yeast in this recipe. Just simple gluten-free ingredients.
Simple Gluten-free Bagel Recipe
1 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup plain yogurt
optional: sesame seeds
- Turn on the oven. Set it at 375 degrees.
- Use a medium to large bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- With the dry mixture, make a hole in the center. Scoop in the yogurt. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg. Then, add in the whisked eggs to the well in the dry mixture.
- Start by folding. Spray a baking sheet or place parchment paper onto the pan. Take a spoon and scoop into a baking pan. Make a hole in the center.
- Continue this until there is no more dough. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 25 – 28 minutes. Do check to prevent the bagel from burning or overcooking.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees to bake the bagels. If you need additional baking, bake for another 10 – 15 minutes.
Things to Know
When baking gluten-free items, take items out earlier. Let it sit at room temperature to warm up. Important for the dough to be overmixed.
This mixture uses Greek yogurt which helps to hold the bagel together. The bagel will be chewy, soft, and tasty. Gluten-free flours are very fine. Therefore, it is best to use a scale and weigh to be precise. Gluten-free baked goods would require more time at a lower temperature. Do try Simple Gluten-free Bagel.35% off momAgenda myPlan plus FREE SHIPPING on orders $40+ at momAgenda.com! Offer Expires 12.31