Gluten-free Pretzel Bites. Ol loves the crunchy store-bought gluten-free pretzel snacks. Nevertheless, they are hard and crunchy which my son seems to love. He loves anything with a crunch especially chips. Therefore, I wanted to try making breakfast pretzel bites. Additionally, when I sprinkle kosher salt on top as a seasoning it is quite nice. These remind me of a pretzel.
Gluten-free Pretzel Bites Recipe
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup brown rice flour
kosher salt 1 tbsp
potato starch 1 cup
psyllium husk 1 tbsp
yeast 1 1/2 tsp
salt 1 tsp
tapioca flour 1 cup
3/4 cup white rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
Oil and vinegar:
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cup water (105 – 110 degrees)
1/4 cup Non-dairy milk
- In a bowl, add yeast in warm water with honey. At this time, allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- With a large bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, brown rice flour, kosher salt, potato starch, psyllium husk, tapioca flour, and white rice flour. Mix well. Then, add in the yeast to the dry mixture. Not only pour in non-dairy milk but also if it is too dry. Next, do add in the olive oil and vinegar. Afterward, mix some more.
- Apply olive oil all over the dough. Furthermore, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a warm towel. Let the dough rise for an hour.
- Knead the dough. Moreover, roll it out into a long line. Cut into 1 inches in size.
- Finally, place onto baking tray. Leave spaces between each one. As well as that for color, brush with olive oil or butter or egg yolk on the surface. Sprinkle kosher salt on top for taste.
- Bake 15 minutes in 400 degrees.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool.
Fun Pretzel Ideas
Additionally, for those who enjoys a sweet pretzel, try a cinnamon-sugar bite. As well as that those who enjoy a salty pretzel snack, pour a creamy cheddar cheese sauce on top of the snack. Other ways to make these snack tastier, do make a delicious dipping sauce to go with it. In short, sauces such as honey mustard, ranch dressing, peanut butter, or hummus.
Do try gluten-free pretzel bites. Are there pretzel bite flavors you enjoy?
Or, dips you enjoy?
Mommy Health Remedies is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program. An affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.