Easy Gluten-free Waffle Breakfast. Breakfast is a lot of fun from muffins, omelets to pancakes. Thus, breakfast is one of my favorite meals of my day. Not only that, breakfast can be in a sandwich, granola bar, or burrito. Undoubtedly, a waffle would be a great breakfast item. Furthermore, the batter can combine with blended pumpkin seed for a high protein diet.
Waffle Breakfast Recipe
1/4 cup sugar
2 large egg (room temperature)
2 cup gluten-free flour
4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
- First, take a large bowl mix in egg, sugar, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
- And then, add in the following gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and egg. Whisk.
- Moreover, add in non-dairy milk. Then, scoop batter in waffler maker. Next, cook until golden brown. Continue this step until the batter is all used up.
Tips for making Waffle
Furthermore, for a healthier option add oat flour to the batter instead of gluten-free flour while using the waffle maker. Once the batter is done mixing, do allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes for better flavor. Do cook the waffle for 3 1/2 minutes for a crispier result. . After making the waffle, do place the waffle on a rack for a crispier taste. If you are short on time, can pre-mix the batter to store for later use. Hence, the waffle can be frozen for later. Also, store the frozen waffle in a Ziploc bag.
What Goes Well with Waffle
- crispy chicken
- almond butter with apple
- pan-fried egg with avocado and salsa
- applesauce with chopped nuts
- Greek yogurt with berries
- peanut butter with banana
- banana and drizzle of chocolate
- peach with whip cream
If you enjoy Easy Gluten-free Waffle Breakfast, do try other recipes like a gluten-free blueberry donut. I would love to challenge myself to attempt new recipes like almond meal chocolate chip cookies.