Gluten-free Scones. My hubby loves scones. The kids do like the cheesy ones. Who can resist the flaky buttery goodness of the soft scones. Scones are a wonderful breakfast item to have with tea or coffee. How about splitting the scones and adding a little bite of jam. With bake goods, I always love breakfast items. They can be a lot of fun. It is amazing what you can do with flour. Flour can be used to make all these tasty treats.
Gluten-free Scones Recipe
2 cup of gluten-free flour
1/4 cup extra flour (this is for rolling the dough or transfer to baking tray)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of butter(cold)
Optional: 1/2 cup toppings like blueberries/cheddar cheese
1. Pre-head the oven. Oven should be 350-F.
2. With a bowl, add in gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cold butter should be cut into small chunks. Add in to the bowl with the dry mix.
4. If you have a pastry blender to get the butter into the flour. Or, I used a potato masher to do the same. Do this until the butter is in little pieces.
5. In a bowl, add in the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend together.
6. Mix the wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
7. This would be a good time to add fruit like raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry. Fold gently with fruits.
8. Use a baking tray and lay parchment paper on top. Sprinkle flour on the surface of the parchment paper.
9. Flatten dough and put a wax paper on top. If the dough has too much butter, the dough is too soft. Do use a spoon to scoop the batter on the
baking sheet. The dough should be 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches.
10. Cut circle with biscuit cutter.
11. Bake 20 – 22 minutes.
12. Allow the scone to cool.
Things to know about Scones
These small bread like cake orginated from Scotland. Scones begin in the 1513. There are many variations where English scones are served with butter, jam or cream. American scones types are sweeter and richer in flavor. Scones should be moist with crumbly on the outer layer. Of course, these scones should be buttery. Do try these gluten-free scones.
Mommy Health Remedies is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program. An affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.