Homemade Strawberry Strudel. I have breakfast. Breakfast is always fun to have. Hence, breakfast is important to energize the body and keep the body healthy. Therefore, it is important to have a nutritious breakfast. With my children, I often make gluten-free breakfast items with dairy-free ingredients. Also, I try to make simple healthy breakfast items so I can have a lot of time with my children. This time I made homemade strawberry strudel a fun breakfast with delicious jam on the inside.
Homemade Strawberry Strudel
2 cup brown rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp vegan butter(soften)
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp xanthan gum
- Firstly, in a bowl mix dry ingredient flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Stir.
- Then, slowly pour the non-dairy milk into the dry ingredients. Next, shape the dough into a ball.
- Secondly, roll the dough then fold. To continue this several times. Next, take a knife to split the dough in half.
- Thus, take 1 dough and roll 7 times. Do form a rectangular shape 5″ x 6″. With a spoon, scoop strawberry filling onto the middle of the strudel, leave the edges clear.
- Finally, fold the dough in half with a fork to crimp the edges.
- Brush butter on the top of the strudel. Following, bake the strudel at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- When the strudel reaches 20 minutes. Let it cool.
This strawberry strudel is similar to a pop tart but healthier with less sugar. For a healthier option, can add fresh sliced strawberry inside or strawberry jam for the filling. Furthermore, the sliced strawberry makes it refreshing. Also, the chopped strawberry gives a delicate texture. Not only that, sift the flour before mixing the dry ingredients with wet ingredients to give a smoother texture.