Winter melon is a large vine vegetable with a fuzzy surface. This vegetable is mostly used in Asia. It can be used in soups or in stews. The nutritional benefit from the vegetable has a high amount of vitamin C and vitamin B2, high dietary fiber, zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and other vitamin and mineral. Soup for hot summer weather. It has many positive benefits to the soup.
Help to Improve Your Vision:
If you have the issue with your vision, there is not enough riboflavin. Winter melon gives you a high level of B2 or riboflavin. Therefore, if you receive more B2, it lowers issue with eye problems.
Help Improve Immunity:
There is an increasing amount in winter melon which helps to create more white blood cell and helps to prevent the healthy cell from mutating. It also increases the amount of zinc in your body.
Detoxify the Body:
Winter melon act as a diuretic. It removes any toxin, fat, salt and water from the body. This helps the liver and kidney to be in good condition.
Good for Digestion:
The melon helps to prevent a gastrointestinal problem such as constipation, bloating, cramping, and any other stomach issues.
Winter Melon and Pork Shank Soup
1lb pork bone
1/2 lb pork shank
3 slice ginger
1 black silkie chicken
1 bunch peanut
salt and pepper
300g winter melon(peeled, removed seed, cut into cubes
1. Boil pot of water. Blanch pork shank and black silkie chicken. Note: blanching removes impurities). Pour out the water.
2. Boil second pot of water. Add pork bone and black silkie chicken. Then, add ginger and peanut.
3. After the water bubbles, let it simmer on low heat for 1 hr.
4. Add winter melon. Let it cook for 30minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper for taste.
6. Let soup to cool.