Blueberry Gluten-free Donut. When my children want a treat they always ask for a donut. Therefore, I want something less sugary and light. Something with a healthier option, since sugar is not the best for the body. As well as that, sugar is not the best for their teeth either.
Blueberry Gluten-free Donut
I cup almond flour
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup tapioca flour
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, take a donut baking tray and brush with oil.
- At this time, in a large bowl mix in almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Furthermore, take another medium-size bowl mix in maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Last but not the least, do combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Following, scoop batter in the donut tray.
- Finally, bake for 18 to 20 minutes. To remove from the donut tray and flip the donut. Let it cool.
Dress the Donut
Moreover, there are many ways to make the donut tastier or more appealing. As well as that, a homemade blueberry glaze with cooked blueberry and powdered sugar. Or, a simple melted dark chocolate glaze to be applied on the top of the donut. Nevertheless, enjoy the donut without any glaze and just truly take the simple donut.