Fluffy Gluten-free Buns. Unfortunately, I do struggle making soft gluten-free loaf. Therefore, gluten-free buns would be a little easier. Also, the portion size is smallar. If they don’t turn out well, there would not be a large amount I would need to finish. Thus, these buns are very soft. And they are like tray buns so the size are perfect for children. Not only that, the buns are soft due to the almond flour and coconut flour. And, they do not contain yeast. Furthermore, the buns contain low carbohydrate.
Fluffy Gluten-free Buns Recipe
3 egg white (room temperature)
1 egg medium size (room temperature)
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1 tsp baking powder
Sprinkle Sesame seed
Sprinkle sea salt
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then, in a medium-size bowl combine dry ingredients psyllium husk, coconut flour, almond flour, and baking powder.
- Following in another bowl, mix egg white, one whole egg and hot water. Whisk.
- Furthermore, mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Let it sit for 1 – 2 minutes (this is more affective for psyllium husk).
- Additionally, separate dough to four parts.
- With a baking tray line with parchment paper, then form a ball and sprinkle sea salt and seaseme on top.
- Moreover, cover with warm slightly wet towel and place over try. Morever, start the proofing process by preheating oven to 200 degrees F for 30 seconds and turn off oven. Allow the bun to rise for 30 minute to one hour. Once done.
- Finally, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place a larger tray with water under the baking tray with the bun. Next, bake for 25 minutes.
- Last but not least, remove from the oven and let it cool.
Tips for making Gluten-free Fluffy Bun
To make delicious fluffy bread, they can be extremely tricky. For instance, it is important for bread not to be dry. Hence, do not forget oil and eggs, which adds great taste and makes the bread soft. For this reason, do try mayonnaise in the recipe or an oil like olive oil. With gluten-free, certainly beneficial for the ingredients to be in room temperature. The rising process would have more success. For this reason, do leave the ingredients out half an hour to one hour before using for baking. To have more success with the rise of the bread, do add water with bubbles.
Do try fluffy buns. If you enjoy homemade recipe, do try very chocolatey muffin. Also, I would love to try new homemade gluten-free, dairy-free, or egg-free recipes like mini carrot cupcake.