Soft Sandwich Bread. I love making and eating sandwiches. Moreover, my children love bread especially the soft fluffy ones. Hence, who can resist the aroma of freshly rice flour, tapioca flour, and sorghum flour? First, do try a simple gluten-free recipe with little ingredients. Also, do rely on a scale to measure flour. Furthermore, do consider using more liquid because gluten-free bread tends to be is drier.
Soft Sandwich Bread
2 1/4 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup sorghum flour
1 tbsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp whole flax seed
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp. active yeast
1 1/4 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
3 eggs room temperature
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp chia seed
1 tsp whole flax seed
1 tbsp. sunflower seed
1/2 tsp sesame seed
- First, in a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Whisk. Set aside.
- With another bowl, add in egg, chia seed, olive oil, and honey. Then, with a small bowl of warm milk to 110 degrees F add yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes until it froths. Hence, combine the egg mixture with the yeast mixture.
- Moreover, mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- And, scoop the batter into the loaf pan with parchment paper. Following, with a spatula evenly spread the batter. Last but not least sprinkle flour, sunflower, and sesame on top of the loaf. Subsequently, press the toppings down.
- Apart from this, for proofing cover the loaf pan with a warm towel. Then, turn on the oven at 200 degrees F for 30 seconds and turn off the oven. Thus, place the loaf pan in the oven for 1 hour but check when the time reaches 45 minutes.
- Finally, preheat the oven at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes and cover with aluminum foil to prevent the surface from browning too fast. When the time reaches 35 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
About the Flour
To conclude, three gluten-free flour has been used in this bread recipe. First, sorghum flour is a mild flour. This is best for pastries and cakes. Also, good for more sweet and savory baked goods. Thus, brown rice flour is made from brown rice. Additionally, brown rice flour is mild and has a nutty flavor. Therefore, brown rice flour is best for pancake, muffin, and gluten-free bread. Finally, tapioca flour makes bake a good chewy, light, and crispy texture. Therefore, it is good it learns about the flour use for gluten-free recipes.