Tasty Trail Mix Snack. I love the taste of homemade roasted almond or cashew. Furthermore, the trail mix has a crunch and a lovely aroma. Of course, the tasty sweet and salty flavor from the snack. Unlike before, I was never too fond of dried fruits with mixed nuts. Whereas now, I love them. Also, homemade does make the dish taste a lot better.
Tasty Trail Mix Snack Recipe
raw almond 1 cup
raw cashew 1 cup
kosher salt 1 1/2 tsp
3 tsp hot water
1/2 cup raw walnut
1/2 cup pumpkin seed
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sultana raisins
1/2 cup dark chocolate (non-dairy)
- Turn on the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Firstly, in a medium bowl, combine 1 tsp salt with a 3 tsp of water. As well as stirring the water, allow the water to dissolve. And then, pour the salt mixture with almond, cashew, pumpkin seed, and walnut. Mix.
- Secondly, take a the baking pan, brush oil on the pan. Moreover, spread the nuts on baking pan. Sprinkle salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Set aside. Let the nuts cool.
- In another bowl, add cranberries and raisins. (do not add dark chocolate until nuts are all cooled or it will cause the chocolates to melt.)
- Once cool, mix.
Items to Use
Nut: almond, cashew, walnut, pecan, peanut, macadamia nut, pistachio, hazelnuts
Seed: pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, hemp, flax, chia, sesame.
Dried Fruit: dried apricot, cherries, raisins, blueberry, mango, raisin, banana, goji berries, Inca berries, mulberries.
Savory mix-ins: chickpeas, soybean, lentil, popcorn, jerky
Sweet mix-ins: coconut flakes, cereal, chocolate chip, peanut butter cup
Seasonings: parmesan, Caesar.
Therefore, a homemade trail mix is fun. Last but not least, there are a variety of combinations from simple to complex. Then, something with a kick.