Fig Bar Snack. We are home all the time my children are snack monsters. There is more opportunity to experiment with new ones. Now, I am attempting to focus on homeschooling my children at home. I never imagine I want to home school, my children. Some moms decide early on to homeschool all their children that is what they want. I admire that. However, I don’t think I have the patience to do this or maybe the skills. And of course, I am not a teacher. With all the studying the children are doing at home, I would need more healthy snacks for energy to replenish the body and the mind.
Fig Bar Snack Recipe
1 1/2 cup dried figs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup applesauce
1. Take a baking pan, grease it. Preheat the oven 350-degree Fahrenheit.
2. Take a food processor, blend the dried figs until smooth. With a medium- size bowl, pour the blended figs in the bowl and the rest of the filling ingredients. Mix to combine. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the crust ingredients until the dough forms.
4. Put on a pair of plastic gloves. In a baking tray, press half of the crust on to the tray. Use a spoon to scoop the fillings, spread the fillings evenly on top of the crust. Then, add the rest of the crust and spread evenly. Press gently.
5. Bake for 30minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool on a rack before slicing.
Note: the fig bar snack will last for 5 days.
This wonderful natural sweet gooey fig bar is a wonderful treat. This can be a snack or a treat. When I go shop with my children, my daughter always wants a box of fig bar snacks. Constantly, I remind myself to try making these treats at home, but never got around to attempting it. Figs have a good amount of fiber. It keeps the stomach filling full. Another benefit, figs may even lower cholesterol and controls blood sugar. Surprisingly, fig gives body calcium. If anyone is concerned about osteoporosis, figs will help with this.
This post may contain affiliate links to provide for the site to earn advertising fees.