Vegan Lentil Soup. At home, I am trying to have a meatless night for better health. So I want my family to have more vegetables. Therefore, I decided to try a lentil soup. Therefore, Lentil is rich in iron and is a good source of protein. Of course, why not try lentil soup, you can add a lot of vegetable in the soup. Also, this is good for the heart.
Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
onion(diced) 1 large
red peppers (diced) 1 large
paprika 1 1/2 tsp
4 cup of water
1 large potato (chunk)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 clove garlic ( minced)
1 large tomato (diced)
1 bay leaf
2 carrot (peel and diced)
1 1/4 cup lentil (rinsed)
1 tsp sea salt
- In a medium-size pot, add oil and sauté the garlic. Once the garlic is cooked. Then, cook the onion.
- When the onion is soft, add in red pepper and tomato. Next, add in water. Subsequently, do allow the ingredients to simmer.
- Secondly, add in paprika and bay leaf. Do stir regularly.
- Finally, add in carrot, potato, and lentil.
- Thus, pour everything in the crockpot. Let it cook for 2 – 4 hours.
- Then, favor with salt and pepper.
The Benefit of Vegetarian Meal
Eating vegetarian once a week, this will help the body feel more energized and healthier. A vegetarian once or twice per week will help to lower cholesterol. Of course, adding more fruits and vegetables will increase the antioxidant level. Therefore, the body will increase other nutrients like minerals and fiber to the diet.