Apple Crisp Gluten-free. My husband loves apple crisp. Before my husband, I never knew much or had an apple crisp. Previously, maybe I would purchase a box weekly from the supermarket. But, now I do enjoy making homemade apple crisp dessert regularly. Hence, the combination of brown sugar, apples, gluten-free oats, and butter is a delicious combination. Just thinking about these ingredients makes my mouth water. Without a doubt, I love the golden brown color of the dish. Therefore, the amazing crispy oats that go with the ice cream. Do try apple crisp gluten-free.
Apple crisp filling:
6 cup granny smith apple chunks
5 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp cornstarch
Apple crisp toppings:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil, melt
1/4 cup butter, melt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take a pan and spray with oil. Cut the granny smith apple to 6 cups chunk. Set aside.
- With a large bowl, add in lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and, cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl, add in brown sugar, oat flour, rolled oats, salt, coconut oil, and butter.
- Mix the apple with the apple crisp fillings.
- Spread the apple fillings in the baking pan. Finally, spread the apple crisp toppings above the apple chunks.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Dress It Up
- drizzle caramel or chocolate syrup on the ice cream
- Besides the syrup, do add a little texture like nuts on the top
- Instead of vanilla ice-cream change it up with Oreo ice cream or lemon sorbet
- Can add a variety of different nuts like walnut or almond
In short, no one can resist this dessert with a crunchy golden brown exterior. As a result, the best apples to choose is a crisp and tart apples like granny smith, honey crisp, or golden delicious. Also, by using other apples, the apples will be soggy and no crunch. Furthermore, it is best to remove the skin from the apple before baking them in a pan. Otherwise, if you enjoy apple dessert but do not want to spend all the time to roll pie dough, do try apple crisp instead.
If you enjoyed baked desserts, do try a breakfast cookie.
And, I would love to try new baked goods such as dark chocolate pistachio sea salt cookie.
Mommy Health Remedies is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program. An affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
If you would like to learn more about Amazon, please take a look at the link.