Fun Sushi Bowl. My daughter loves sushi. However, I find it difficult for her to have sushi for lunch. Hence, sushi cut into pieces; it would be easier for her to have. And, rolls can be hard for young children, even though they love to have sushi. Therefore, the next best idea is to have de-constructive sushi or a sushi bowl.
Fun Sushi Bowl Recipe
1 cup of Japanese rice
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp sugar
- Firstly, combine all ingredients and stir. And then, turn on the rice cooker.
- Once done, set aside.
Fun Sushi Bowl
1 medium cucumber (peel, cut to thin sticks)
6 oz imitation crab (slices)
avocado (cubed) 1 – 2
carrot (peeled, thinly sliced) 1 medium
nori (cut into small pieces) 1 – 5 pieces of
sesame seed 1 tbsp
- Moreover, do take a bowl and scoop the Japanese rice into a bowl.
- Then, next place the slices of cucumber on top.
- If you prefer soft carrots, do cook them until they are soft.
- Secondly, spread the carrots all over the bowl.
- Subsequently, place the cubed avocado and the nori all the top of the rice bowl.
- Further, sprinkle sesame seed on top.
- Finally, scoop the sauce all over the sushi bowl.
Sauce for the Rice Bowl
1/4 cup of mirin
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
- Firstly, In a small bowl, add all the ingredients. Whisk. Likewise, pour over the rice bowl. (This sauce is sweet)
My little girl loves sushi. For instance, she loves the rolls. However, the rice bowls are hearty and colorful with delicious flavors. Besides, sushi bowls are very similar to a salad where you chop up all the ingredients and throw them all in. Then, you drizzle the sauce on the top. Another thing to note, squeeze lemon juice on the avocado to prevent from turning brown. Or another thing to try, do try California rice bowl by mixing crab meat with mayo.