Lemon Cake Dessert. Last month my mother in law made a breakfast loaf my son couldn’t stop eating. I wanted to make something similar. Lemon helps to prevent the cake from becoming too heavy. Citrus makes the cake light and refreshing. A slice of lemon always brightens up a dish with a lovely yellow color. Also, lemon can help with the greasiness of the food.
Lemon Cake Dessert Recipe
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 cup of sugar
1 lemon zest
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk or almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees. Take a loaf pan. Brush with oil.
- With a small dish, put in the zest of a lemon. Take a lemon and juiced it. Reduce the lemon juice in a small pot on a stove. Let it cool.
- In a medium to a large bowl, whisk olive oil, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Then, add one at a time. Mix to combine together.
- Afterward, add in non-dairy milk and lemon juice. Combine.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Scoop and pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for one hour.
- Once done. Allow the loaf to cool.
Loaf goes with
What goes well with a loaf cake? A homemade fruit sauce with fresh berries or fruit cooked to reduce. How about a lovely jar of fruit jam from blueberries to strawberry jam. If the preference is to have a fruity loaf cake or just a simple icing on top. Another thing, this can be treated as a dessert after dinner maybe with a scoop of ice cream on top. A healthier option is to sprinkle some nuts on top.Get paid for your great content. shareasale.com.