Gluten-free Cheese cracker. My daughter loves cheese. As well as that my kids love both Ritz crackers and Goldfish crackers. Therefore, she tends to lean towards the old cheddar cheese, a stronger flavor. Nonetheless, I thought the cheesy cracker would be a delicious snack my kids would like. Also, these crackers can go with cream cheese on top or be made into a mini sandwich.
Gluten-free cheese cracker
1 cup gluten-free flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp water
topping (sea salt sprinkle on the top)
- Turn on the oven 350 degrees.
- Next, shred the cheese.
- Secondly, with a food processor, add in flour, cheese, and butter. Blend to combine the ingredients.
- Then, add in water if it is too dry.
- Hence, split the batter into two portions. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Take one ball, roll the dough out on a baking tray on parchment paper.
- Thus, cut into squares. Poke four holes on each cracker. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- At this time, bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
Fun Cracker Toppings
- slice of turkey with cheese
- pesto with sprinkle cheese
- avocado with tomato
- gooey brie with jam
- cream cheese with sundried tomato
- cream cheese, tomato, and parsley
It should be noted healthy crackers depends on the toppings. Toppings dress the crackers up but do careful with the calories. As a result, snack crackers should contain fiber and be filling. Undoubtedly, the batter used to make the cracker should be nutritious such as using nut flour, whole grain, batter with shredded vegetables, and seed.
Do choose healthy crackers. If you enjoy baked snacks, do try zucchini vegetable chips. I would love to try more recipes to make healthy snacks.
If you want to learn more about Amazon, do select the link.