Crockpot Chicken and Carb. This week has been a little chaotic. I am trying a new routine trying by entertain my kids while doing my mommy duties. Now, there are no school and no activities, it has been a lot tougher to get things done. This is where my crockpot becomes very handy. The one I have has a timer to set the amount of time needs to cook the dish. Once cooked the crockpot will switch the setting to warm. It is quite easy to use and fantastic for Moms who wants to provide a nutritious meal for the family.
Crockpot Chicken and Carb Recipe
1 cup of brown rice
1 – 2 chicken breast
1/2 cup pea
1/2 cup of corn
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 – 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1. Spray the inside of the crockpot to prevent sticking. Put in the following items rice, carrot, shallot, and Dijon mustard. Mix to combine. Place chicken on the top.
2. Sprinkle garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add in the chicken broth. Cook for 2 1/2 hours. Use a meat thermometer to check the meat is cooked.
3. Set aside the chicken on a plate and to keep it warm.
4. Stir the rice and the vegetable. Check to see if the rice and vegetables need more cooking time. If the ingredients need more time, cook for another half an hour to one hour.
5. Scoop yogurt into the crockpot. Mix the ingredients together.
6. Cut the chicken into dice size. Add in the cheese. Let it cook for another half an hour. Mix.
7. Once done. Serve on a bowl.
There are many benefits of using a crockpot. The slow cooker or crockpot cook dishes at a low temperature. Therefore, the protein will remain tender and delicious. And, the crockpot gives the meat a huge amount of flavors by slow cooking the meat. Chicken, pork or beef will be flavorful and juicy. Nothing like coming home and being welcomed by the aroma of the dinner ready in the crockpot. Also, nothing like the delicious smell of dinner throughout the house. Another positive about using a crockpot does not use a lot of electricity. Do try crockpot and carb.
If you love a quick and simple crockpot meal, do try crockpot Dijon chicken which is tangy and sweet.
I love to try a delicious dish like slow cooker honey balsamic pull pork.
This post may contain affiliate links which means this site will receive a commission when you purchase an item from amazon.