Bean curd dessert is popular Asian. It is fantastic for the fall or winter time. If you find your throat being dry, this is great to soothe your throat. Bean curd skin has another name known as aka yuba or tofu skin. This is good for cooler or drier weather. It has moisturizing properties. Bean curd dessert is popular with Chinese. A light dessert. If you prefer soy drink or tofu you will enjoy this dessert.
Timed1/2 hour – 1 hour
100g dried bean curd skin
8 cups of water
100g sugar (or you can choose rock sugar)
2 eggs (beaten)
- Soak the bean curd skin to soften in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill a pot with water. Allow boiling. Add in the dried bean curd.
- Turn down the heat. Cook the bean curd for 30 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Add sugar. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the dessert. Sir.
- Allow the dessert to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow the dessert to cool.
A Benefit of the ingredient
Gingko nut – used often in Chinese dishes. It can be used in dessert or in an entrée dish. Gingko is used to treat a chronic cough, insomnia, issue with concentration, restlessness, and irritability.
Gingko nuts and Job’s tears
You can add these two ingredients. If you decide to add these items to the dessert, do add them before the dried bean curd. Allow the gingko nuts and job’s tears to cook for 30 minutes.
Balance the Body
If you decide to add barley, it acts as a cooling agent for the body. It helps to balance the body from the bbq food, late nights and fried food the body is not taking well to.
You can do a lot with dessert. It can be eaten either hot or cold. You can add gingko nut or barley. This dessert is versatile and healthy for the body to help balance the body and a tasty treat.