Beef broth pho. Weekly, we tend to have pho a Vietnamese noodle soup dish. The rich beef bone broth with strong meaty flavor made with a combination of Vietnamese spices. Pho is a fantastic gluten-free dish that uses rice noodles. A dish to have on a cold day. Noodle soup is a wonderful comfort food item.
The noodle soup broth is made by cooking beef bones for many days. This allows the broth to have a strong flavor. Originally, the broth was just a simple dish made by cooking the bone broth. Later on, the broth improved by adding spices to improve in flavor. Spices used in the broth are basil, cilantro, etc. They can be different depending on the area.
Beef broth pho recipe
1 – 2 lb short ribs
4 bone marrow
1 – 2 lb beef shank
1 whole star anise
1 stick of cinnamon
6 pods of cardamons
1 whole nutmeg
5 whole cloves
5 – 10 oz of rice noodles
bunch of soybean sprouts
1/2 bunch of mint
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 bunch Thai basil
1 – 2lb thin sirloin steak meat
- First cook the spices. In a frying pan, add in star anise, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and cardamom. This will bring out the aroma.
- Place the spices in a bag for the soup.
- Take the crockpot, put in scallions, bone marrows, oxtail, short rib, shank, and spice ball.
- Pour in water to completely cover the ingredients.
- Cook low 6 – 8 hours.
- Once the soup is done. Use a strainer to separate the liquid from the content.
- Bowl of soup:
- In a small pot, pour in beef stock.
- Once boiled add in rice noodle. Noodle should take 5 – 7 minutes. Once tender add in bean sprout and the thinly sliced meat. It should take 5 minutes.
- Should be ready to serve.
Broth to Boost Immunity
Hearty broths are not only tasty but good for immunity. By adding lots of vegetables, the soup is full of healthy nutrition and bone broth. Bone broth is full of nutrients. There are numerous vitamins, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous. The broth allows the body to absorb the cartilage since it has been brewing in the soup for long periods of time. Also, the broth allows the body to take in collagen. This broth is very good for the body.