Blueberry High Protein Scone. My husband loves fruity breakfast, so I would always add fruits or dried fruits to breakfast items. This time I choose to make blueberry scone. A fruity breakfast item is high in protein made from almond flour. Therefore, other ways to elevate scone is to add lemon zest or citrus zest. Of course, zest amplifies baked goods by not changing the composition of the recipe.
Blueberry High Protein Scone Recipe
1 cup almond flour
3 eggs whites
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Start by preheating the oven to 395 degrees F. Then, brush oil on the baking tray to prevent from sticking.
- Secondly, take a bowl to add dry ingredients almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Thus, add in coconut oil. Whisk.
- Subsequently, in another bowl add egg whites and whisk with electric blender blend until it foams up.
- Finally, fold in the egg whites into the flour mixture.
- Hence scoop the batter onto the baking tray. and bake for 10 minutes or longer with a toothpick.
To make a fluffy scone, it is not necessary to add all the liquids. Furthermore, liquids should help to keep the batter together. Thus, if you prefer tender and moist baked goods, do use brown sugar in the baked goods. To prevent build-up, place a paper towel in the container that holds the scone to remove moisture. Also, if you cannot have butter and wants to avoid purchasing vegan butter, do try avocado, mashed banana, nut butter, or pumpkin puree. There are natural health alternatives.